Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rlbrooklyn
Reel Rookie

Will the settings from my current Roku (older square model) transfer to a new Roku StreamBat?

I currently stream many channels/subscription sources through an older Roku unit to my Samsung TV.

I want to get the StreamBar. Will I have to re-enter all the information for each of my subscriptions in the new unit or will my information be transferred with my Roku password?

Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
rlbrooklyn
Reel Rookie

Re: Will the settings from my current Roku (older square model) transfer to a new Roku StreamBat?

Excuse the typo in the Subject question. It's 'StreamBar.'

Maybe the 'StreamBat' will be a new model that flies around the room.

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Will the settings from my current Roku (older square model) transfer to a new Roku StreamBat?

Hi @rlbrooklyn,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We appreciate your inquiry, and we're more than glad to assist you. Once you have a new Roku streaming device, you need to set up the device the same as your previous one. The credentials and information must be re-authenticated, especially with the channels you're subscribed to. In addition, you can link multiple Roku devices to a single Roku account, and the channels and purchases will be the same on each device. When a channel is added or removed on one device, the channel is automatically added or removed on all devices linked to that account that support the channel. However, please be advised that channels must be activated separately on each Roku device.

For more information about setting up a new Roku device, kindly refer to this support article at this link: How to set up, or sync, subscription channels in your account on a second Roku® streaming device

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

@rlbrooklyn-

Your channels are attached to your Roku account.   As long as you link the new Streambar to the same Roku account (i.e. same email address) it will load the same channels.  Thereafter, add/remove a channel on one Roku, you add/remove it on all.

Any subscriptions you have THROUGH YOUR ROKU ACCOUNT will be good on other Rokus linked to the same account.

For channels that require a login: Some have a single login capability that automatically logs you in on all Rokus on the same account.   Others will require logging in on the new Roku individually.

Generally, those channels that require you to authenticate with a "TV Provider" account must be authenticated on each Roku.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.