Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rackjite
Reel Rookie

Wifi Roku Tv overrides the new Roku box hooked ethernet.

So confusing. Added the new box to the Roku tv, ethernet. I swear the TV is taking wifi directly from the modem and bypassing the new box. Like if it is working from the box ethernet, should single say poor or fair? And if it is working from the box,  will the top of the screen still say ROKU TV? And to make it more complicate it all runs through a video amp. 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Wifi Roku Tv overrides the new Roku box hooked ethernet.

@rackjite 

If you have a Roku player connected to your RokuTV, make sure you have enabled the HDMI input for it under Settings/TV Inputs.

Once you are sure the Roku player is now showing up, make sure to use the new Roku player remote with it. (do not use the RokuTV remote).

If you are trying to upgrade your RokuTV by using a seperate Roku player, then maybe you should Factory Reset the RokuTV and during setup and activation of it, just select "setup network connection later".  This will allow you to use the RokuTV as a normal TV without the Roku OS getting in the way when trying to setup and use the Roku player.

I would just plug the player directly into the RokuTV and complete the setup before introducing other peripherals like the video amp.

Is there a reason (other than an upgrade) that you are using the Roku player with the RokuTV?

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.