Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dggross

Stand by LED on Express 4K+

I cannot turn the stand by LED light off onmy Express 4k.  I followed the instructions by when I gett t the settings there is no LED settings on/off.  Is there another way to turn this off without unplugging the unit?

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Kitty99
Binge Watcher

Re: Stand by LED on Express 4K+

The way I get it to turn off, is to hit the HOME button on your remote, turn off the TV with your TV remote, and then hit the Roku ON button 3 times, and the light goes off and so does your TV.  If  you aren't on the Home Screen your Roku is still streaming. Or you can just unplug the power cord.   ************************************************

We shouldn't have to ask the same questions over and over.  Roku needs to make it so when we Want to turn off equipment we have that option.  We don't want to use internet data unnecessarily either! All of us are trying to save money and having the power off makes us feel better. 

Kitty99
Binge Watcher

I should also note, that what I have researched extensively and even though the LED light is off it is still Active in your IP Address.  So it never really shuts down.  The only way is to totally shut it off is unplug the power cord.  

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@Kitty99 wrote:

The only way is to totally shut it off is unplug the power cord.  

Yep, and that power button on the remote, if there is one, is strictly for the TV.  The light should go off when the screensaver activates or it enters "power saving" mode (if the device has that mode), but lately all bets are off.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos