Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
thomas1955

Roku Ultra, LG C3, Bose 600 soundbar

I have the subject set-up. 

I had the Ultra remote somehow configured to turn on the LG TV, and then by pressing any button on the Ultra remote to select the Ultra as the TV's input from the TV's on-screen menu (I used the remote's back button for this), and I could then proceed with the Roku screen on my TV. At the same time the Ultra remote controlled the volume up/down and mute functions of the Bose 600 soundbar. Wonderful! - one remote to do everything we needed it to do for watching television.

Just a few days ago we were watching TV and we paused the Ultra remote and left it on pause for maybe 20 minutes. The LG TV automatically goes to a screen saver after a few minutes and eventually shuts down (I suppose an energy-saving function, I don't know). We came back to resume watching and now the Ultra remote will turn on the LG TV but will not select Roku from the TV menu screen using the back button on the Ultra remote anymore so we have to use the LG remote to do this, and the Ultra remote also no longer controls the volume/mute on the soundbar so we have to use the Bose remote for that. Three remotes! 

Very frustrating and I have no idea what happened or how to get back to using only the Roku Ultra remote as before. Any ideas? I remember when I first set up everything we had to use the three remotes but I can't remember how I was able to configure everything for control by only the Ultra remote, but I do remember it was a simple one-step process using the Ultra remote only. Help!!!!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.