Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: No signal

Jump to solution

@Roro2

Thanks for reaching out and providing me with your information.

I have passed along your information to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Shows "No signal" on tv . Tried removing the HDMI cable/reset button any support Roku would o...

Jump to solution

@ss1720

Thanks for the post.

Is there a light on your Roku device? How are you powering your Roku device? Is the device plugged into the TV USB port or is it plugged into a wall outlet? Have you tried connecting the Roku device to another HDMI port on your TV?

For troubleshooting purposes, have you tried plugging in your Roku device to another TV to see if you are experiencing the same issue?

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
ss1720
Reel Rookie

Re: Shows "No signal" on tv . Tried removing the HDMI cable/reset button any support Roku

Jump to solution

Yes there is a blinking light on the Roku.  I am powering the Roku from the wall. I tried connecting the HDMI cable to different ports on the TV. But have not tried connecting the Roku to another TV ( as I own only one TV). 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Shows "No signal" on tv . Tried removing the HDMI cable/reset button any support Roku

Jump to solution

@ss1720

Thanks for the follow up.

Can you please provide the serial number of your Roku device from Settings>System>About? I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hi Danny...I, too, am having a problem connecting my Roku Stick to my wireless network.  I had 2 smart tv's that connected with zero problem.  (one broke and now i'm using my old stick)  

I have a Roku Express 3900X

s/n YG00CX530353

Samsung TV Model# UN28H4500AF

No AVR.

Thank you so much, Danny!

tanyaaakristine@gmail.com

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@tanyakristine wrote:

Hi Danny...I, too, am having a problem connecting my Roku Stick to my wireless network.  I had 2 smart tv's that connected with zero problem.  (one broke and now i'm using my old stick)  

I have a Roku Express 3900X

s/n YG00CX530353

Samsung TV Model# UN28H4500AF

No AVR.

Thank you so much, Danny!

tanyaaakristine@gmail.com

I know I'm not @RokuDanny-R but I can offer something that might help. The device you have isn't a Stick. It's an Express from 2017. The Roku Express only connects on 2.4 GHz band. If your network is running 5 GHz network only, then the Express won't connect. The Stick is dual-band and will connect to either 2.4 GHz or 5 GHz networks.

There have been reliable reports that some ISPs who provide wireless routers (rather than the customer providing their own) have disabled the 2.4 GHz network and are 5 GHz only. If that's the case for you, then your Express won't connect until that's resolved.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
donristorucci
Reel Rookie

Re: No signal on Roku 2

Jump to solution

Hello.

I have a Roku 2 streamer, not a stick. All the signal questions I see are about the Stick. It has worked fine for several years. The screen suddenly went black a couple of days ago, with a No Signal message. The light blue light on the Roku goes on. Sometimes the screen has pink ROKU letters, with half the screen black, half light green (not solid), and then goes to the No Signal message.

Roku2 info: Model 2720X. Serial number 1RE3C5063509. Wireless DC 3A 5E 44 CF A9. IC 5959A-R1006. FCC ID TC2-R1006. 

I have a Samsung TV (not a Smart TV). Model UN39FH5000F. Type UN39FH5000. SIN Z79L3CUDC. Model code UN39FH5000FXZA.

I use the original adapter plugged into the wall. There is also an HDMI chord that plugs into the TV HDMI2 port. I have an Xfinity cable box. 

I followed instructions to unplug all power and cables, tested connections, refreshed the tv, etc. There is no other port on my TV except for the HDMI 1 port, for the cable box, to plug the Roku into. I tried plugging the Roku into another Samsung tv, a smart tv, but couldn’t figure out how to get to “options” when the directions said to do that, so I couldn’t really test it. The Xfinity people did stuff on their end and said to contact Roku. 

I hope you can help. I’m not sure how to see a reply, so I hope there’s a notification of some kind  

Donna Ristorucci, donristorucci@gmail.com

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@donristorucci 

From what I'm reading, there are two HDMI ports on the TV. One for Roku, and one for the cable box. It is okay to power off the cable box, and connect the Roku to that HDMI port just to test it. If it works, then the TV has a bad HDMI port. If the issue remains, the Roku is likely bad. Either way, reconnect the cable box to its HDMI port and power it back on.

Let us know what you find.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
donristorucci
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thank you for replying.  I didn’t know where to look for a reply and I use sent another PM asking how to find it—and right after I posted, I discovered how to do it (of course). I’m not sure if I followed what you said correctly.

I unplugged (is that what power down means?) the cable box from the power source and the TV went off completely. I plugged it back and the TV went back on.

I moved the Roku2 cable to the HDMI 1 port on the back of the tv. If I left the cable from the cable box out of the port, the source list included only TV, which has a static screen. When I plugged the cable from the cable into the HDMI 2 port, leaving the roku cable in the HDMI 1 port, the Source List no longer included HDMI 1, only HDMI 2 (and TV), but the regular cable channels and programs were still there and there’s no way to switch to Roku.

I notice that the light blue light on the Roku 2 goes on, but sometimes it blinks, and sometimes goes off. The other day it was hot. (As I write, the light is steady and it’s not hot—but I left it unplugged overnight to see if it might work; it didn’t.)

Does this mean my roku 2 has gone bad? I’ve had it for at least five years. I’ve been planning to get rid of cable and use only roku (possibly with an indoor antenna if necessary). Good thing I didn’t do it yet. 

0 Kudos
donristorucci
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I solved my “No Signal” problem: I replaced my no-signal Roku 2 with a Roku Stick +; it’s working fine. 

0 Kudos