Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FREDT
Channel Surfer

ROKU STREAMBAR LOCAL CHANNEL AUDIO PROBLEM.

I HOOKED UP MY NEW ROKU STREAMBAR TO MY 10+ YEAR OLD TV. ALL WORKS OK EXCEPT FOR MY LOCAL STATIONS AS THEY APPEAR ON SCREEN, BUT WITH NO AUDIO. MY LOCAL CHANNELS ARE THROUGH AN EXTERNAL LOCAL TV ANTENNA THAT IS CONNECTED TO MY TV ON THE TV CABLE PORT. THIS ANTENNA IS NOT CONNECTED TO ROKU AND I DON'T SEE WHERE I CAN CONNECT IT.

I GET AUDIO AND VIDEO ON MY ROKU CHANNELS.

WHY DO I GET VIDEO AND NOT AUDIO ON MY LOCAL CHANNELS?

MY TV DOES NOT HAVE ARC, JUST AN HDMI PORT. ALSO, MY TV DOES NOT HAVE AN OPTICAL AUDIO PORT.

CAN I CONNECT THE USB ON MY TV TO THE USB ON MY ROKU? WILL THIS SOLVE MY PROBLEM?

WHAT CAN I DO TO REMEDY THIS?

THANKS...FRED...RECEIPT@MM.ST

0 Kudos
9 REPLIES 9
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: ROKU STREAMBAR LOCAL CHANNEL AUDIO PROBLEM.

You should be getting audio from your local (antenna) stations through your TV's speakers.  Roku Streambars only support HDMI-ARC or Optical connections to get audio from the TV to the Streambar.  The USB port on the Streambar is only to connect a USB drive to play back your own media.

What's the manufacturer and model number of your TV?

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
FREDT
Channel Surfer

THANKS FOR YOUR REPLY...I DO GET SOUND THROUGH MY TV SPEAKERS BUT THE SOUND IS TERRIBLE. I'D LIKE TO GET THE SOUND THROUGH MY NEW ROKU STREAMBAR. MY TV IS A 2015 RCA MODEL NUMBER LED24C45RQ. DO YOU HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS WHEREBY I COULD GET THE 'LOCAL' ANTENNA SOUND THROUGH MY STREAMBAR? THANKS...FREDT IN LAS VEGAS NV (PT)...RECEIPT@MM.ST

0 Kudos
makaiguy

Your Caps Lock key appears to be stuck.

I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
FREDT
Channel Surfer

TO MAKAIGUY...I HAVE A VISION PROBLEM...FREDT IN LAS VEGAS NV (PT).

0 Kudos
renojim

@FREDT, it looks like the only way to get audio out of that TV is through the headphone jack.  You could use an analog to optical converter like this connected to the headphone jack.  That particular one doesn't look like it comes with the audio cable you'd need to connect it the headphone jack, so you'd also need a cable like this if you don't already have one.  Note that I have no experience with either of those and only give the links to illustrate what you'd need to connect to the Streambar.  It should give you better audio quality than the TV's speakers.  Looking through the manual, the TV has equalizer settings you might want to adjust if you haven't already to try to improve its sound quality.

The only other suggestion I have is to use something like a Tablo TV to get your local stations and its app on the Streambar.  I've been trying one out for the last couple of weeks and it's not too bad, especially if you're also interested in a DVR and/or the ability to pause and rewind live TV.

0 Kudos
FREDT
Channel Surfer

RENOJIM...THANK YOU FOR THE REPLY AND THE SUGGESTIONS. I WILL TRY THEM. WISH ME LUCK. FREDT IN LAS VEGAS NV (PTZ). RECEIPT@MM.ST

0 Kudos
FREDT
Channel Surfer

RENOJIM...I HAVE ANOTHER QUESTION. I NOW HAVE THREE (3) DIFFERENT ROKU STREAMERS ON THREE (3) DIFFERENT TV'S IN THREE (3) DIFFERENT ROOMS. ALL ROKU STREAMERS ARE ON THE SAME ACCOUNT. WHEN I CHANGE MY ROKU CHANNEL LINE-UP ON ONE ROKU STREAMER, THE SAME CHANGE OCCURS ON THE OTHER ROKU STREAMERS. HOW CAN I SET UP A CHANNEL LINE-UP ON EACH ROKU STREAMER THAT IS UNIQUE TO EACH ROKU STREAMER?

THANK YOU. FREDT IN LAS VEGAS NV (PTZ). RECEIPT@MM.ST

0 Kudos
renojim

Sorry, you can't.  Installed apps are tied to the Roku account the device is linked to, so when you add or delete a channel it gets added or deleted from all devices linked to the same account.  The only way to have different apps installed on each device is to link them to different Roku accounts.

0 Kudos
FREDT
Channel Surfer

RENOJIM-

THANKS FOR THE INFORMATION...AND THANKS FOR

ALL OF YOUR HELP. HAVE A GREAT NEVADA DAY.

FREDT IN LAS VEGAS NV RECEIPT@MM.ST

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos