Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DeeWS

Premium High Speed HDMI Cable with Ethernet

Jump to solution

I received my Roku Ultra 2022 purchased through Amazon Canada yesterday. The supplied HEC cable was connected to the HDMI 1 ARC port on my 4K UHD Android TV. During setup no HDMI 2.0 signal was reported. I tried the setup again this time with my 4K UHD Roku TV using HDMI 1 ARC port. It ended with the same result reporting no HDMI 2.0 signal. 

I replace the Roku provided cable with my own cable and the setup completed without any problem. The HDMI signal from Roku was recognised by the TV. I the replaced my own cable with the cable provided with the Roku Ultra 2022. Again no HDMI signal. I even tried using the Roku provided HEC cable with other 4K devices but no HDMI signal was detected. 

So its appears to me that the Premium High Speed HDMI Cable with Ethernet with my purchase of the Roku Ultra 2022 is faulty. I hope Roku Canada is made aware of this. Is there a possibility of any other reason for lack of HDMI signal in view of testing it with multiple TV sets and multiple HDMI source devices?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Premium High Speed HDMI Cable with Ethernet

Jump to solution

@DeeWS 

Thanks for the post. I'm sorry to hear about the experience—that's not what we aim for.

I have sent you a PM requesting further information so we can assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@DeeWS 

Thanks for the post. I'm sorry to hear about the experience—that's not what we aim for.

I have sent you a PM requesting further information so we can assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I’ve been having this issue for a couple of years. I lost a lot of respect for Roku who claimed the incompatibility was the TVs fault. Roku has pre-tv settings to adjust for compatibility and the fact that this isn’t one of them suggests that the first batch of updated models used chips from the previous generation. This issue didn’t happen with Apple TV or Amazons fire TV. Roku should of owned it and at the very least offered a compatible model at a discounted price, instead they passed the blame. Sadly it’s likely only a small amount of customers complained…..or maybe they did and was ignored like I was.