Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am not receiving an activation link for my new Roku TV

Yes this has been asked before but I have no idea what to do based on previous posts. Not only is this my first ROKU TV, it's my first TV and I was told this would be soooo easy. I get to the part about putting in an email and awaiting an activation link ... and it never comes. Yes I have followed every troubleshooting step.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

Re: I am not receiving an activation link for my new Roku TV

@ Have you checked your spam folder?  Do you have some emails blocked?

0 Kudos

Yes I have checked my spam folder. No there is no reason I would not be getting the email. I also have restarted the device and retyped my email several times. I have tried opening my emails in Chrome and Safari. Everything I have seen recommended online I have tried. It's a gmail account. Pretty simple. Or it should be. 😞

0 Kudos
Strega
Roku Guru

It’s hard to know what every troubleshooting step includes but here are a couple of ideas:

Some gmail users have stated that they couldn’t find the email in their inbox or in spam, but if they searched for it, they could find it.

Some ISPs (especially if you use their rented routers) block access to certain addresses and/or ports. For example, on Comcast support forums, you will often see people suggesting disabling “advanced security” when someone can’t reach some service or website.  Another possibility is to try an alternate ISP such as a hotspot on your phone.  Then after that, you can change your network setting back to normal (just change the network setting, don’t do a factory reset which would require activation again!)