Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Angry124

Hulu has possessed my Roku Express!

Jump to solution

My express suddenly seems possessed by Hulu. I uninstalled the Hulu app from my online Roku account but now the stupid thing just clicks itself to try to get me to add the Hulu channel! I’ve tried unplugging,  different hdmi port, remote and remote on my phone, it all does the same. I can’t get to the settings menu. 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku Keeps clicking to Hulu!

Jump to solution

@Angry124 

Have you tried removing batteries from the Roku remote?

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Angry124

Roku Keeps clicking to Hulu!

Jump to solution

My Roku won’t do anything but click to Hulu! I removed the channel via online remote, now it still clicks itself to get me to add Hulu channel! Can’t get to settings menu. Tried unplugging. 

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Angry124 

Have you tried removing batteries from the Roku remote?

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

Angry124

Jump to solution

Literally right after I posted here, I picked up the actual remote and noticed I heard clicking on the Roku-took the batteries out and presto, all is well! Apparent the thing was lying there clicking away stuck on the Hulu button while I was using the remote app on my phone and thinking it was not having any effect, and the issue wasn’t with the remotes. 
 Great suggestion, thanks, which proved true. 

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.