Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
claymact
Reel Rookie

How do I change password, if device can't be found?

How can I find a password or change a password on a device that can't be found by app or remote? I have a Roku Express that no longer can be found when searching for devices, I tried Wi-Fi direct on my phone and it finds the device, but when I connect it, the remote or app doesn't find it. I tried signing in on regular Wi-Fi, but I can't figure out what password was used. I have tried every password I have ever used! None work. I tried manually connecting in the app and went into my router to get my ISP address. The device is found in my router, but when I enter the ISP address, it does not find the device. I tried Bluetooth connectivity, but it is not found. (I don't think Bluetooth is an option, but I tried it, anyway.) Those are the only ways I know how to try and connect. All the Google searches and Roku articles tell me how to connect a remote, but I have to be in the Roku device to do it. 

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: How do I change password, if device can't be found?

If you don't have a Roku remote and your Express isn't connected to a network the only option is to get a remote.  It doesn't have to be a Roku remote - any universal remote that supports Roku devices should work.

Did something change that caused your Express to not connect to your network?  It's not unheard of for ISPs to disable 2.4GHz Wi-Fi in their customer's equipment and most Express models only support 2.4GHz Wi-Fi channels 1 to 11.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos