Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JollyHolly

How can I get rid of the ad on the Home Screen?

I just got my Roku tv and one of the selling points for me was that I thought there were no forced ads on the Home Screen.. well there is an ad that is always on my screen on the bottom left and I’m really hoping someone can help me figure out how to remove it! I saw a post similar to this and tried to follow it. It suggested changing the wallpaper and theme pack, but nothing is working for me. I also tried the secret settings putting always disable on ads but again, no success. Thanks in advance!! Also, I don’t know how to post a photo here unfortunately 

Labels (1)
4 REPLIES 4

Re: How can I get rid of the ad on the Home Screen?

I just noticed the same thing. If this is another step towards filling every possible moment with an advertisement, it is very unwelcome.

ze-zir
Reel Rookie

My TV used to never have these ads and suddenly they are showing. I have no idea why I suddenly see ads and it makes me so angry.

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@ze-zir, are you speaking of the large ad to the right of your app icons on the Home Screen or the one in the bottom left under the menu?  The one below the menu seems to come and go.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
ze-zir
Reel Rookie

Yes, it was the ad to the right if the home menu. It used to never be there. I was able to mamually block the ads using my router, but I have no idea why there was no ad in that space at all until I updated the TV yesterday.

0 Kudos