Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Conk35
Reel Rookie

On start up I have to select hdmi 1 every time.  I have went into system and set it to go to hdmi 1 when powered on but that didn't work.. any ideas?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Hdmi1

Jump to solution

@Conk35 

Try looking for a CEC setting inside your TV settings and enable it.  Also, in your Roku device, navigate to Settings,..System...Control other Device..,.then Enable 1-touch play.

With both CEC and Roku's 1-touch play Enabled, pressing any button on your Roku remote should automatically switch you to your Roku on HDMI 1 , and also should power on both your TV and automatically switch to HDMI 1 when TV is off. (Assuming Roku remote paired with TV or using Roku Remote App).

Here is a link explaining CEC and the various names for CEC depending on TV manufacturers.  HDMI CEC thehometheaterdiy.com 

Additionally, here is Roku's help page with similar HDMI CEC info.  https://support.roku.com/article/360034303013

Hope that helps with your issue.  Feel free to post back with updates or if need more help.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Conk35 

Try looking for a CEC setting inside your TV settings and enable it.  Also, in your Roku device, navigate to Settings,..System...Control other Device..,.then Enable 1-touch play.

With both CEC and Roku's 1-touch play Enabled, pressing any button on your Roku remote should automatically switch you to your Roku on HDMI 1 , and also should power on both your TV and automatically switch to HDMI 1 when TV is off. (Assuming Roku remote paired with TV or using Roku Remote App).

Here is a link explaining CEC and the various names for CEC depending on TV manufacturers.  HDMI CEC thehometheaterdiy.com 

Additionally, here is Roku's help page with similar HDMI CEC info.  https://support.roku.com/article/360034303013

Hope that helps with your issue.  Feel free to post back with updates or if need more help.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

Conk35
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Seems to have fixed it buddy..ty so much. 

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.