Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Vexedguy

Auto downloading an app I don't want

I have deleted  this spanish speaking canela tv app like 5 times.  It's getting frustrating.  Please fix the issue. We have a dashboard so we can personalize it for what we want.

Labels (1)
2 REPLIES 2
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Auto downloading an app I don't want

Log into your Roku account at https://my.roku.com using the email address that appears under Settings->System->About on your Roku device and look at the list of linked devices.  Make sure there's not any you don't recognize.  Perhaps you returned, sold, or gave away a device that's still linked to your account.  Another way unwanted apps get installed is from advertisements in screensavers.  I don't know if that app is one that goes floating by, but make sure you don't press Play/Pause when the screensaver is active or you'll install the advertised app.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Carol_n_michael
Reel Rookie

Re: Auto downloading an app I don't want

There are ads on your home screen that if you hit play will install. Canela is one.

Roku js acting ignorant but it's intentional. I can't find a setting to trunk it off. Serveral times it's happened to me.

Chromecast doesn't do it. Chromecast allows you to turn off Google suggestion, unlike Roku.

I may have to switch