Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Earthlink_usr1
Reel Rookie

Activating a roku premiere What Cable provider do I select for Earthlink?

HI I have used the Roku with AT&T and Directv before.  I have switched to Earthlink instead.

During the Roku Activation screen on my Roku account, it asked what cable provider I am

using. I used to select Directv, now with earthlink, I have searched the roku list of cable providers, and I do not see "Earthlink" in the list.  Do I just leave this blank?  Can I leave it as Directv?  I assume this tells roku how to communicate with the wifi box--(which box it is communicating with).   Is there another name I need to select to allow the roku to talk to the Earthlink wify box?  Or have I just messed up by selecting the roku, earthlink combination?   Any help will be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Activating a roku premiere What Cable provider do I select for Earthlink?

As far as I know that selection only affects what channels/apps it suggests to install.  It doesn't have anything to do with the network connection.  You can leave it blank.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Earthlink_usr1
Reel Rookie

Re: Activating a roku premiere What Cable provider do I select for Earthlink?

Thanks renojim.  You may be right.  I'll find out in a few days when the conversion is installed.

Meantime,  I should add the old directv was a "dish" connection, and the new Earthlink is fiber optics.

Also, the activation process asks if you have a "Cable" provider, and you can select the "no" option. 

Technically, I will not have a "Cable" provider-- so maybe select "no"? (since it's fiber optics).  a technicality.

Will let you all know for completeness.   Thanks again..

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.