Roku mobile app

Discover troubleshooting and helpful tips for the Roku mobile app. Learn how to use the Roku remote on your phone, add channels, privately listen, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RTPilot55

Roku Android app will not connect to Roku Streaming Stick 4K

I have a Samsung 24 Ultra phone and a Roku Streaming Stick 4k. Both have the latest updates as of 29 August. I use this device for when I am traveling and staying in a hotel. I have the device setup and it works perfectly on the hotel's Wi-Fi network and the Roku remote, but while the device is listed as being in my account, the Roku app will not connect to or detect the Streaming Stick 4k, even when manually entering its IP address.

My phone and the Streaming Stick 4k are both on the same Wi-Fi network (10.11.xxx.xxx).

For the record, I have 4 Roku Ultra's on my previous home network and all worked fine with the app.

I have reset the network connection on the device, but it doesn't give me a "clean" connection, in that it doesn't ask me to enter passwords or verify other info as it did the very first time I set it up.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku Android app will not connect to Roku Streaming Stick 4K

@RTPilot55, if you're connected to the hotel's Wi-Fi, you probably won't be able to get the app to connect to your Roku device.  They probably prevent Wi-Fi clients from communicating with each other.  Keep in mind that if you could connect, so could everyone else in the hotel.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.