Roku mobile app

Discover troubleshooting and helpful tips for the Roku mobile app. Learn how to use the Roku remote on your phone, add channels, privately listen, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
averyn
Reel Rookie

IOS Roku app volume control bug

When using the volume control on the Roku app for my tcl roku tv, the decrease volume button will continue to decrease volume uncommanded. The only way to stop it is close the app. I've had this issue for over a year now, I thought it would get patched in an app update. I've tried reinstalling the app multiple times and reconnecting to my tv. 

Labels (2)
7 REPLIES 7
AirZoz
Reel Rookie

Re: IOS Roku app volume control bug

I too am experiencing the same volume bug. I press on the volume up button and the volume down button ghost activates a few times.  If you continue it will totally mute the tv.

Software v. 8.11.0.47

ios 16.3.1

Tags (4)
0 Kudos
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Hi @AirZoz

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community!

Can you please provide us with more information regarding the issue you are experiencing? 

-Does the issue only occur on a specific channel or all channels on your Roku device?

-How long has the issue been occurring?
-What specific troubleshooting steps have you taken so far to try to resolve the issue?

With more information, we will be able to assist you further.

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos
averyn
Reel Rookie

The issue occurs on all channel, it is a bug with the roku iOS app that needs to be updated. It has been going on for atleast 2 years since I have had the roku app. I have reinstalled the app, and have had the app on multiple different devices. I have also reconnected my roku to the app multiple times. 

0 Kudos
AirZoz
Reel Rookie

Hi Karla,

I tried replying to the email sent but didn't see it here...

The app where I notice this happening is when Spotify is also running on my iPhone.  While Spotify is running, adjusting the Roku app's volume in either direction will sporadically ghost press the opposite direction. It doesn't matter the speed the volume control keys are tapped, the opposite volume control will tap itself.  Sometimes it's just once, sometimes it will continue in whatever direction it chooses to. 

Spotify will connect to the TV in order to control the music playing on the Spotify app on Roku. If I close the IOS app the volume control works as normal.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Hi Community users,

Thanks for the posts regarding using the Roku mobile app and volume control with your Roku device.

Please be aware that a recent version of the Roku mobile app has just been released and we would recommend updating the app. After updating the mobile app, please let us know if you are still experiencing an issue of what you are reporting.

If the issue persists, please provide us with the following information:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • mobile device brand, model and OS version
  • Roku mobile app version
  • steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
AirZoz
Reel Rookie

It seems I'm still experiencing the same behavior. 

iOS v. 16.3.1

Roku app v. 9.0.0.9

Device TCL Model J106X

Software version 11.5.0.4317

Device ID S0MLH2982XLR

Serial X02100A82XLR

Open Spotify app on both the iPhone and the TCL TV. Use Spotify connect to send the current music to the TV. Try controlling the volume with the Roku app and the ghost taps of the opposite volume control will occur after a short delay.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Hi @AirZoz 

Thanks for providing the requested information.

Please be aware that we are currently investigating the issue you are reporting with the Spotify. Once more information is available, I'll be sure to update this thread.

We appreciate your patience and understanding in the meantime.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos