Roku legacy products

Still have old Roku models? Find help and recommendations for older Roku devices that no longer receive software updates or aren't eligible for channel updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AZBruno
Channel Surfer

Re: Need a Roku model recommendation

You might also consider replacing the old CRT. I find lots of older but far more modern TVs on Nextdoor, Craigslist, etc., cheap or even free. It may be less expensive than what you need to connect a Roku to the CRT, not to mention the power savings.

0 Kudos
Rocky714
Binge Watcher

@AZBruno wrote:

You might also consider replacing the old CRT. I find lots of older but far more modern TVs on Nextdoor, Craigslist, etc., cheap or even free. It may be less expensive than what you need to connect a Roku to the CRT, not to mention the power savings.

Yeah, I thought of that but this TV might be useful 2-4 weeks out of a year after the Covid crisis passes.  At this point $20 for a used Roku and $10 for a HDMI to Composite converter (and the Roku might be optional, I can use the one from another room for the duration of the short visit) might be sufficient.  If it turns out to be more useful and used than that, I can still go that route and the Roku can be repurposed.

Thanks for the thought, though.

-Rocky7i4

0 Kudos
Notv

0 Kudos