Roku legacy products

Still have old Roku models? Find help and recommendations for older Roku devices that no longer receive software updates or aren't eligible for channel updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
WxManII
Reel Rookie

DistroTV fails on Roku 2 XS

Jump to solution

I've attempted to install DistroTV as well as several other channels on my Roku 2 XS.  DistroTV and a few other channels will not initialize and start when attempting to play them.  Typically the Roku will act as if it's trying to load the channel and eventually will fail, sometimes returning to the home screen but just as often as not causing the streamer to reboot.  Yes, I have uninstalled and reinstalled the affected channels.  Yes I have restarted/power cycled the Roku device.  Yes, I have done a factory reset on the device.  

I also have a standard Roku 2 device, which does NOT exhibit this behavior.  Assistance, please?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Strega
Roku Guru

Re: DistroTV fails on Roku 2 XS

Jump to solution

The Roku 2XS is a 2011 device which is no longer updated.  Roku 2s are actually newer devices that are still supported.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Strega
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

The Roku 2XS is a 2011 device which is no longer updated.  Roku 2s are actually newer devices that are still supported.

0 Kudos
WxManII
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Well now, "ain't THAT a revoltin' development!"

Guess it's time to hit the ole' pawn shops and find another streamer for my playroom.  

Thanks for the come back!

0 Kudos