hangmyspeakers
Reel Rookie

Wireless Speaker Mounting

While the 1/4-20 threaded connection on the back of the wireless speakers is nice for custom wall brackets (additional puruchase) or speaker stands (additional purchase), may I suggest that future modifications to the modeled housing also include a keyhole slot at the top of the speaker for those of us trying to wall mount these speakers in an inexpensive manner.  Most modern components that have the option to be wall hung simply have a keyhole slot where a wall anchor and a small headed screw can be run into the wall and then the component (speaker) could simply be inserted over the head of a standard screw and hung securely over the keyhole slot.  This would be a minor modification to the housing.  I would not risk drilling a small hole at the top of the speaker and then a slightly larger hole just below this hole to create a keyhole in the back of the speaker.  Not knowing what is behind this area and if it would improperly vent the accoustics of the speaker is not worth damaging them.  Very disappointed after spending $150 for the pair that now I have to go purchase expensive wall brackets.

0 Kudos