Roku Mobile App

Help with the Roku Mobile app on Android and iOS, adding channels, using remote control functionality, playing content from The Roku Channel, using Play on Roku, mobile private listening, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Receiving selected channels on mobile app

Hi

On my IPad i am connected and all that stuff as I can get the movies and tv shows but when I select owner of my elected channels, like lets say The Dog Channel, it brings me to the remote control screen and not to my channel?

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Level 20

Re: Receiving selected channels

If you are asking if you can watch the various channels shown on your Roku directly on the iPad screen, no you can't. The Roku app will either allow streaming music or videos FROM your iOS device TO the Roku device, or it allows you to control the Roku device the same as if it was a Roku remote. In some cases it's better than the remote, because a virtual keyboard is available in app while the Roku only has a keyboard that has to be used with the directional buttons. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos