Roku Mobile App

Help with the Roku Mobile app on Android and iOS, adding channels, using remote control functionality, playing content from The Roku Channel, using Play on Roku, mobile private listening, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sfeinst
Level 7

Long Tap on Android Mobile App not working

I have the android app installed on my phone.  I was following directions to remove a channel.  Part of the instructions stated to long tap the channel to bring up an info page and from there I could remove.

When I short tap, the remote control appears - which is expected.  But when I long tap (and I've held my finger on the channel for over 30 seconds), nothing happens.  No new screen with info, nothing.

Do others have the same issue using the app?  Is there a special technique to perform this long tap?

thanks

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Long Tap on Android Mobile App not working

Thanks for the note. 

Could you please provide a few more details here? 

- What specific make/model of phone are you using? 

- What version & build of Android is it running? 

- What specific version of the Roku Mobile app do you have installed? 

- Have you tried removing the app, restarting your phone, then adding the app back again? 

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos
sfeinst
Level 7

Thanks for replying:

- What specific make/model of phone are you using?   Samsung Galaxy S7

- What version & build of Android is it running?     Android v8.0.0    Build R16NW.G930VVRUACSF2  Patch June 1 2019

- What specific version of the Roku Mobile app do you have installed?    6.0.14.283466

- Have you tried removing the app, restarting your phone, then adding the app back again?   Yes I have.  Issue still exists.

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for letting us know. Our team is looking into this, and I'll provide further updates as soon as I know more. 

In the meantime, you can add channels to your account by logging into https://channelstore.roku.com/browse or directly on your Roku device. You can remove channels from your account by removing them from the Home screen of any linked device. 

Thanks again,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos