Roku Mobile App

Help with the Roku Mobile app on Android and iOS, adding channels, using remote control functionality, playing content from The Roku Channel, using Play on Roku, mobile private listening, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sharochild34532
Level 7

Limiting data usage from your wireless plan.

My data is getting used up very quickly while I'm watching TV. I am using my mobile Hotspot and this is all I have for internet. Can you direct me where to go in the app to change the video quality?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1\
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Limiting data usage from your wireless plan.

First, be sure you're not streaming when not watching.  Get in the habit of returning to the Roku's Home screen when done watching.

In case you forget the above Settings > Network > Bandwidth saver > On will ask if you're still watching when showing a channel with no user input received for 4 hours.  If you don't respond it shuts down the channel and returns to the Home screen.

I've read there was a "secret menu" item reached by a specific sequence of key presses that could limit the requested resolution, but many channels ignored it, and that it was dropped from later software updates.  Check the options on your individual channels -- especially the ones where you can log into your account on their websites.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.
Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X | Streaming Stick 3600

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.". Please only do this if it ACTUALLY solves your problem.