Roku Mobile App

Help with the Roku Mobile app on Android and iOS, adding channels, using remote control functionality, playing content from The Roku Channel, using Play on Roku, mobile private listening, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Google closed my email that was used for Roku. Roku SUPPORT has been NO help. Help?

My daughter was helping me w/my email account & signed in from another state.  Google in it's infinite wisdom(NOT!) immediately shut down that email - which was the one I originally used to sign up for Roku.com.  I've had no luck getting Google to re-open that account & now need to change my email address to use for Roku.  I wrote to Roku support, but IF they even answered, they replied to the email I cannot use. 

I've been online since 1998 & could run circles around most concerning computers & online **bleep** - until 2006 when I had a stroke.  Now dealing with this stuff is no longer easy for me & I get flustered to the point of having panic attacks when trying to fix something.  Roku's support system is right up there with the things that cause frustration on a grand scale, because so far it's been non-existent!  

So - Does anyone out there have any advice on how to go about changing my darn email address for Roku?  Do Roku support people even read anything posted to these community boards?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Level 19

Re: Google closed my email that was used for Roku. Roku SUPPORT has been NO help. Help?

If you have a valid email to use, you will need to do a factory reset of the roku, that is the only way to change email address of a roku. If its roku tv, you go through the settings> system> advanced system settings> factory reset> follow the prompts

Any other roku there is reset button on the roku itself or pinhole with roku powered depress the reset full over 30 seconds. 

Edmund
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Google closed my email that was used for Roku. Roku SUPPORT has been NO help. Help?

@emrose 

Thanks for the inquiry.

For more information about how to change an email on your Roku account, visit our Support page here: How do I change the email address or password for my Roku account?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos