Roku legacy products

Still have old Roku models? Find help and recommendations for older Roku devices that no longer receive software updates or aren't eligible for channel updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Charlie44
Reel Rookie

Roku 2 xs component connection to a Panasonic dvd player

Hi I have a roku 2 xs and I am using the comp lead into a panasonic dvd player however the picture I am getting it distorted are there any settings i need to change to make this work. I have tried both the front and rear comp inputs and the output is still the same.

Thanks

Charlie

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Strega
Roku Guru

Re: Roku 2 xs component connection to a Panasonic dvd player

Well, I'd say there are a few "interesting" things going on: The Roku 2XS is an old no-longer-updated model.  I looked around but I can find no signs of it having component output so I think you mean there is a conversion device or you mean composite.  Then, this is going into a DVD player??? Which makes me think: Hmm, DVD player with an input?  That's kind of rare, and also isn't that SD-only? (Then again, so is composite video.)  Maybe it's a DVD recorder or one of those DVD and VHS in the same package devices.  Still probably SD-only though. However, as I recall, "wide screen" settings did appear in DVD players, so there may be settings in there to play with.

And then, of course, there are the TV settings.

So: picture settings on Roku, whatever the converter does (if it exists), Whatever the DVD player does (may have settings) and finally whatever picture size/shape settings the TV has.

0 Kudos
Charlie44
Reel Rookie

Hi Strega

Its a Panasonic DMR BS850 which has 2 composite inputs and 1 scart input.

The roku 2 xs has a tri jack to 3 phono output which when connected into the blu ray recorder displays the input with a distorted appearance. I have spoken to panasonic and they believe that there is a compatability issue between the inputs and outputs. The hdmi output and the phono s-video output both show the distortion.

I dont believe there is a solution and that its a panasonic issue as I have a philips dvd recorder which works perfectly but unfortunately no hdmi output.

Best regards 

Charlie

0 Kudos
Strega
Roku Guru

Your last line makes me think that the goal is to get to HDMI (and it should be in my opinion) but the pictures I have searched for on the Roku 2XS show that it already has an HDMI output, so in my opinion it would be awful to make it convert to composite (analog, SD, 4x3) and then have another device convert back to HDMI.

Is this just due to lack of inputs?  If so, I think an HDMI switch would be a much better answer.

0 Kudos