Roku Legacy Products

Help with Roku products that no longer receive software updates, are no longer supported for channel updates, etc.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
QuintonBass
Level 7

Only connects to Live TV/Antenna but want it HDMI

I recently bought a Sanyo Roku TV and my cable (tivo) box is plugged into it, but it's only recognizing it as Live TV! Lightning struck the TV before this one, but it wasn't roku, just cable. We temporarily used a fatback tv that only need the antenna part, but it still used the tivo box. Now, we have this tv with a HDMI output, but the roku is recognizing it as Live TV. I don't want that option. I want it to switch it over to HDMI for a more clear picture and display! In the Live display intput, the display shows the picture half the tv size in a box center screen. 

0 Kudos
4 Replies
andyross
Level 15

Re: Only connects to Live TV/Antenna but want it HDMI

Do NOT connect the Tivo with the RF cable. Only use the HDMI cable.

0 Kudos
QuintonBass
Level 7

Can you clarify what that RF cables is because I have two cords that can connect. I have the antenna one, for TV that's doesn't support HDMI inputs, and a HDMI cord which does? I 'm happily to take pictures for better clarification!

0 Kudos
aRo-kuBLeevR
Level 7

Could you use an HDMI splitter or a switcher to use the HDMI on more than one device?  I have not done this so far but I read that it should not lose quality with the splitting/switching.

0 Kudos
QuintonBass
Level 7

I haven’t tried,  it I’ll looking into it. Thanks for recommending. Also my RF cord is coming from my TiVo box, so that’s where I feel that’s where the problem lies soo, if you have any expertise in that would be good too! Thank tho

0 Kudos