Roku Legacy Products

Help with Roku products that no longer receive software updates, are no longer supported for channel updates, etc.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sgcim
Level 7

Can't Get You Tube Through Roku

I've read all the suggestions on getting You Tube through Roku, and tried the actions suggested such as:

Remove You Tube, restart Roku, Reload You Tube- no success.

Move the Roku box to my living room where my 4K Sony Bravia TV gets You Tube fine, but it still won't come in on my Roku box.

I get other channels fine on my Roku box, but for the last month on You Tube, it's been the same thing each time I try to load it; I click on the You Tube icon, the hourglass comes on for a few seconds, the You Tube icon with a forward pointing arrow comes on and stays for about 30 seconds, then it just goes back to my home screen.

Sometimes You Tube will come on for a few seconds, but there is no content, and everything is dark. Then it goes back to my home screen. I've clicked the asterisk, and clicked on the , "unable to load channel" choice about 20 times, but I haven't gotten any results.

The only thing I haven't tried is to get in touch with You Tube about this issue, but I'm not sure how to do that. Any suggestions? 

0 Kudos
4 Replies
atc98092
Level 15

Re: Can't Get You Tube Through Roku

What model Roku are you referring to? You posted in the Legacy Products section, and most of those players either don't work with YouTube any longer, or they work so poorly that they are useless for YouTube. 

I use YouTube almost daily with either my Premiere, Sharp Roku TV, or my Ultra, without issue. So it's vital to know which Roku you are having a problem with. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
sgcim
Level 7

Yeah, I'm using of the old Roku boxes they made when they first came out. The problem is I'm using it in a room that has an old TV that only takes component cables. Do they still make Roku boxes that take component cables, or do you have to use HDMI cables with all of them now?

Thanks for the reply, I thought it was something like that.

0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 15

The last player that still had composite output is the Roku Express+ (3910). It's still on Amazon for $37.

https://www.amazon.com/Roku-Express-Streaming-Player-Composite/dp/B01M2AJZ5P/

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
sgcim
Level 7

Thanks, I'll try it out.

0 Kudos