Roku Legacy Products

Help with Roku products that no longer receive software updates, are no longer supported for channel updates, etc.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
InjinJoeX
Level 7

55 Inch Sharp Roku Tv Won't Turn On

Ive had my 55 inch Sharp Roku tv not even 2 years and now it won't even turn on. Completely black screen with no sound. 

Red light at the bottom left of tv is on and flickers but no response to remote or manual on/off button. 

Yes, I attempted to contact the manufacturer. I have no idea why the istuation has stopped your calling centers ( per the ATM ).

Yes, I've attempted basic trouble shooting. 

Unplug cord from Wall and tv and wait... 

Held down the reset button.. With no changes. 

Tried whatever codes for the remote. 

Nothing seems to work. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Surely a well kept expensive tv just doesn't die randomly and require a new one. 

6 REPLIES 6\
HDDie
Level 7

Re: 55 Inch Sharp Roku Tv Won't Turn On

My 55" Sharp Roku TV LC-58Q7330U was purchased September 2019. It lasted ALMOST 16 months.

One morning a family member tried to turn it on, and it did not turn on. What we noticed was the blinking of the power/INPUT light on the television. Like yours, it blinked in a series, the light became bright then dimmed itself.

We called the toll-free number from the manual of our device and were told that our warranty was up, and there was nothing they could do to assist us.

We emailed Hisense (the company over the TV) but was able to do a direct chat with them online.

We have no idea what needs to be replaced on our model. When we inspected it, NOTHING we were encouraged to look for in researching our TV was amiss.

To purchase a new main board or a power board (LC58Q7330U Hisense Replacement Parts - Hisense (encompass.com)) would just be guessing and together would come close to the price of a new TV.

It was a nice TV while it lasted. If this is what the future of television purchases will be like, I'd rather not own a television. Technology is supposed to bring positive progress and be effective and efficient. The 55" Sharp Roku TV LC-58Q7330U was lacking in longevity.

0 Kudos
denverdoggy
Level 7

roku tv's are notorious for this issue. many end up in landfills as a result.  try shining a flashlight while it is on. you will find your tv most likely is working but the terrible blacklight system for roku tvs. doesnt matter the brand will fail prematurely.  need to enter k mode and reset the system.

0 Kudos
denverdoggy
Level 7

0 Kudos
denverdoggy
Level 7

this is a major software failure on roku not sharp not any brand. straight software problem. not a hardware issue.

my tv is stuck permantly this way and it was one of the biggest wastes of money in a while

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@denverdoggy

Thanks for the post.

The issue you are experiencing may be hardware related. Have you tried contacting your Roku TV manufacturer to see what insight they can provide?

For a list of Roku TV manufacturers contact information, visit our Community post here: Contacting Support for Your Roku TV

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Meredithp18
Level 7

My house burnt to the ground about 17 months ago and I bought 3 55" sharp roku tvs and my boyfriend bought one at the same time. One of mine went black, no sound about 3 weeks after I bought it. I called and they replaced 2 boards, I wish I could remember which ones.  But he said omg you bought 4 of these? They are junk. They won't last you 2 years. He was spot on.  1 died 13 months,  one 14 months, and the last one a couple weeks ago. We're talking over $2000. I taking to every head honcho and they don't give a **bleep**. I'll never buy a sharp or a roku again. You basically stole from a family that already lost everything. Scum. Just scum. 

0 Kudos