Roku Legacy Products

Help with Roku products that no longer receive software updates, are no longer supported for channel updates, etc.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MarcMag
Level 8

3400X as a thanks

I accepted the community recommendation and replaced my 3400X with a refurb 3921RW.

Sadly, this gives me yet another remote, as it cannot change inputs and only does power/volume/mute on the orphaned "RCA" branded TV. It is plugged into the HDMI3/MHL port where the 3400X once resided behind a panel. There must have been something in the deal between On Corp. and Roku that directed commands from the TV's IR remote to the 3400X.

Anyway, I now have the 3400X hovering near the recycling bin. If anyone has a use for it, please message me and I'll drop it in a padded envelope to send to you as a thanks to the community. 

No support for Peacock or Apple TV.  Unfortunately, Roku Support says the opposite:

CS/CH-Gomathy Baskaran, Oct 16, 2020, 7:43 PDT:

Hello Marc,

Thank you for your response.

Roku Streaming stick 3400X device is compatible with channels like Peacock TV and Apple TV. Please be informed that, it is not possible to replace this device, since this Roku device is currently not under warranty.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
makaiguy
Level 21

Re: 3400X as a thanks

@MarcMag wrote:

No support for Peacock or Apple TV.  Unfortunately, Roku Support says the opposite:

CS/CH-Gomathy Baskaran, Oct 16, 2020, 7:43 PDT:

Hello Marc,

Thank you for your response.

Roku Streaming stick 3400X device is compatible with channels like Peacock TV and Apple TV.

I agree, this response from Roku Support (if that's who it really was - web searches for Roku Support often will pop up bogus scammer sites) was flat out wrong.  Neither Apple support nor Peacock support lists the 3400X as a supported Roku model.

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
0 Kudos