Roku Direct Publisher

Roku Direct Publisher - the easiest way to create a great TV experience. Learn more about how to create a Roku channel and share your experiences with others.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Zei2021
Binge Watcher

what's wrong with my content feed?

this is the URL I provided on the step requiring a content feed in Direct Publisher:

https://cuddlesaur-adventures.s3.us-east-2.amazonaws.com/Herbie+2.json

I keep getting an error (200) when I try to validate.  Whats wrong with this feed URL?

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
Zei2021
Binge Watcher

Re: what's wrong with my content feed?

Hi @AaronMSpelling  - Thanks for your reply. 

Will it be possible for you to walk me through adding my own channel from start to finish?  I'm using #AwS CloudFront as my CDN, but i'm open to suggestions and not totally sold on CloudFront

0 Kudos
Zei2021
Binge Watcher

@AaronMSpelling Do you have WhatsApp?  I don't use Skype

0 Kudos
Zei2021
Binge Watcher

@AaronMSpelling What's wrong with WhatsApp?

0 Kudos
37mediagroup
Roku Guru

I too get, the below at the .json url

<Error>
<Code>AccessDenied</Code>
<Message>Access Denied</Message>
<RequestId>T3V7NB01WKFW5X1V</RequestId>
<HostId>
PiyrAMilW0QR6KPHJe2fXaY9KKqX1sJNtqW2KXYXPzR07c8LK6O+hI/kERbaVIoJwMZwhjyCcY4=
</HostId>
</Error>

Seems it might be a privacy setting or allowing access. Are you able to paste your json code in a comment?  Otherwise, host the file on Google Drive or Dropbox so we can view it. Be sure to comb your code thru jsonlint.com, while it doesn't check for logic or accuracy it will check code structure/syntax. Although it doesn't sound like code is your issue.

0 Kudos
Zei2021
Binge Watcher

Hi @37mediagroup, Thx for your post.  I figured it all out so didn’t use the Json.

I went with Vimeo as my CDN Solution and gave Direct Publisher the URL and it worked fine with no issues.

0 Kudos