Roku Direct Publisher

Roku Direct Publisher - the easiest way to create a great TV experience. Learn more about how to create a Roku channel and share your experiences with others.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Griffin13

trying to add an app

Im trying to  add an app called the rte player.... so i can watch Irish television on my roku stick. i have opened developer mode and tried to install the .apk file which is 48mb...... the message on the screen say it ran out of space... and could not be installed. is there any way to delete anything off the roku stick and if so.. what?

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
delemc
Reel Rookie

Re: trying to add an app

I was wondering if you had any luck adding the RTE player app through developer mode? I tried myself even removing some apps but I am also getting the error not enough space thanks

0 Kudos
29234j
Reel Rookie

Roku don't use APKs, APK are for Android devices like Fire TV, Shield, Mi box and hundreds of chinese boxes.  Roku is using his own OS (Operating System).

0 Kudos

Did you have any luck adding RTE player? 
I have a smart DNS proxy service so I can watch all the telly from home on Roku in USA-it pulls up all the sky and ITV and channel 4 and UKTV etc collection of channels but I cannot got RTE international player-I have to have it on phone and it’s not the same-I tried one of those things where you project it from the iPhone (“casting”?) but that barely works.

Why is trying to watch RTE on an actual television screen in the USA so difficult??!!

0 Kudos
delemc
Reel Rookie

I did not but as somebody stated APKs cannot be installed on Roku. I did however find an app under International that has a channel called Ireland TV i think it costs 99 cents a month which has RTE News now which is better than nothing I guess. Hopefully one day RTE will be on Roku although GAAGO is already on Roku so not sure why RTE app is not...

0 Kudos