Roku Direct Publisher

The easiest way to create a great TV experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Veeta
Level 7

Re: Subscription Channel...uh oh

For those who want a subscription feature, please get in touch.  I'm working on an RDP-compatible SDK-based solution which could add these features.  I'd love to gather common use cases since SVOD can be implemented in a number of different ways.
0 Kudos
newchannel
Level 7

Re: Subscription Channel...uh oh

I have subscription channels but they are built on the old sdk. I'm currently trying to learn scenegraph so I don;t loose my channels 2019. I sure would love to know how to complete my rebuilds in scenegraph if there is any info to be shared. I'll be spending my time in the sdk forum and researching this new build. 
http://www.victoryNOWfilmsandtv.com
0 Kudos
37mediagroup
Level 9

Re: Subscription Channel...uh oh

"newchannel" wrote:
I have subscription channels but they are built on the old sdk. I'm currently trying to learn scenegraph so I don;t loose my channels 2019. I sure would love to know how to complete my rebuilds in scenegraph if there is any info to be shared. I'll be spending my time in the sdk forum and researching this new build. 

Just curious how did you have the current channel built, was that using brightscript?  I found that pretty complicated when I gave it a shot about 4-5 years ago, plus the tutorials for that always seemed outdated so any step-by-step instructions became a maze after 2-3 steps.
0 Kudos
newchannel
Level 7

Re: Subscription Channel...uh oh

"37mediagroup" wrote:
"newchannel" wrote:
I have subscription channels but they are built on the old sdk. I'm currently trying to learn scenegraph so I don;t loose my channels 2019. I sure would love to know how to complete my rebuilds in scenegraph if there is any info to be shared. I'll be spending my time in the sdk forum and researching this new build. 

Just curious how did you have the current channel built, was that using brightscript?  I found that pretty complicated when I gave it a shot about 4-5 years ago, plus the tutorials for that always seemed outdated so any step-by-step instructions became a maze after 2-3 steps.

Basically, it was a miracle. Wasn't easy. I'm not a coding person at all and read all I could and was able to get some help in the forum from a few that were really good to share information and another friend that gave me tips as I went along. 
For scenegraph, I have not started it yet, but I did find some information that looks very promising that I am going to try. If I can get anything working, I'll share what I find out. 
http://www.victoryNOWfilmsandtv.com
0 Kudos
37mediagroup
Level 9

Re: Subscription Channel...uh oh

[youtube:1mu81eqw]SmHeP9Sve48[/youtube:1mu81eqw]

j/k, I hear you on that. Like I said I feel I gave Brightscript a valiant effort & just dropped it in the midst of it. I'm not a coder either. I think I was picking it up again &/or going to give the newer Scenegraph a chance when I noticed this DP being promoted on the site.

Wish you well, again I wouldn't expect PPV to come 'soon', but myb overall the goal is to have a more template based  system for channels to give Roku more control back.
0 Kudos
newchannel
Level 7

Re: Subscription Channel...uh oh

"37mediagroup" wrote:
[youtube:3hf9x0yb]SmHeP9Sve48[/youtube:3hf9x0yb]

j/k, I hear you on that. Like I said I feel I gave Brightscript a valiant effort & just dropped it in the midst of it. I'm not a coder either. I think I was picking it up again &/or going to give the newer Scenegraph a chance when I noticed this DP being promoted on the site.

Wish you well, again I wouldn't expect PPV to come 'soon', but myb overall the goal is to have a more template based  system for channels to give Roku more control back.

Love the video lol
http://www.victoryNOWfilmsandtv.com
0 Kudos

Re: Subscription Channel...uh oh

Here's the official response I received from Roku:

Unfortunately, there are no plans at the moment to enable SVOD for Direct Publisher. If you are looking to add SVOD, your best bet is to create a SDK channel. Please see our list of Roku Development Partners[/url:2rsw6kqd], if you are interested.

Thank you for your understanding!

Bes...




GoFlow Streaming TV
0 Kudos
newchannel
Level 7

Re: Subscription Channel...uh oh

"GoFlow_Streaming_TV" wrote:
Here's the official response I received from Roku:

Unfortunately, there are no plans at the moment to enable SVOD for Direct Publisher. If you are looking to add SVOD, your best bet is to create a SDK channel. Please see our list of Roku Development Partners[/url:33qwpdoq], if you are interested.

Thank you for your understanding!

Bes...





Thank you for sharing the information you received. I had a feeling it would be that way and started working on sdk. I have old sdk1 channels and having to learn the scenegraph..well trying to learn is a better statement Smiley Happy
http://www.victoryNOWfilmsandtv.com
0 Kudos