Roku Direct Publisher

Roku Direct Publisher - the easiest way to create a great TV experience. Learn more about how to create a Roku channel and share your experiences with others.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jrichmond27
Channel Surfer

Re: Splash and Background Images Won't Update

"donp88" wrote:
Seems like anytime I make edits/updates to anything on Roku Dev. it doesn't always take on Google Chrome, so I switched to using Mozilla Firefox and have a had better results.
If you have problems using Google Chrome, I suggest logging out and clearing your cache/cookies and then log back in and redo the changes.

I'll give it a shot, but I highly doubt it's a browser thing. My changes are very clearly saved on their end. I can completely log out, clear my cache, and/or log in from a different computer, and all of my changes are still there when I log back in. The only place that the changes aren't showing up is on the Roku device.

"donp88" wrote:
Don't always expect instant results either.  Some changes update automatically and some take a little time before they show up. AND always, always use a test channel before publishing something live.

I definitely don't expect instant results, but when I receive an actual email from Roku telling me that my changes have been published, I really shouldn't expect to still be waiting for them to show up a couple weeks later.

Thanks for the offer to help test. I'll check it on my second device, and then maybe bother you about it.

Direct Publisher is a great idea, but it really seems like it should have gone through a lot more testing before being released publicly.
0 Kudos
Tolly
Channel Surfer

My Splash image won't update either. I thought it was just me. I'll try some of these recommendations and see if I have any better luck.
0 Kudos
jrichmond27
Channel Surfer

I have tried it on my second Roku 3 device, but it's still showing up with the old splash image. I'm going to go ahead and contact support. Hopefully they take less than the 6 months it took them last time I contacted them about a bug with Direct Publisher.
0 Kudos
jrichmond27
Channel Surfer

Still waiting for the background to update.

When I log into direct publisher, it says my latest published version is 16, but my installed version and the version that comes up in the channel store is 7.
0 Kudos