Roku Direct Publisher

Roku Direct Publisher - the easiest way to create a great TV experience. Learn more about how to create a Roku channel and share your experiences with others.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mmattcam
Streaming Star

Proper AWS set up to feed files

I have all my files and json in an Amazon AWS S3 bucket.  Question for the forum:  Is linking to all of these files in my S3 bucket the best/proper way to be feed the json and videos and images, or is there another step I should take.

Was reading in another forum and someone was discussing using Cloudfront to link the json--but I'm new to AWS storage and not sure if that step is needed or should be done--and or why?

If someone has experience with this and could point me in the right direction I'd appreciate the assistance.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Baradanikto
Roku Guru

Re: Proper AWS set up to feed files

You're probably referring to the post: AWS CloudFront and S3 Configuration.

While it is not required, you should definitely consider using CloudFront.  CloudFront is the AWS S3 caching mechanism that improves performance for your channel because it caches your channel content so that it does not have to constantly be refreshed from the S3 bucket and thus incur overhead to your channel.

FREE Windows desktop software for converting Direct Publisher channels to SceneGraph (SDK), for creating BIF (Trick Play) files, Roku (MRSS, JSON) feed files, and FireTV feed files @ GitHub/rrirower.
0 Kudos