Roku Direct Publisher

Roku Direct Publisher - the easiest way to create a great TV experience. Learn more about how to create a Roku channel and share your experiences with others.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BenMosier
Visitor

No Valid items found in feed

Hi, I am having trouble with my JSON file I wrote. I followed the feed specifications (I think) and made everything public on my AWS buckets. JSONlint.com says I don't have any errors in my code, so I am confused as to why I am getting "No valid items were found in feed" from the feed status. Here ismy JSON file https://s3.us-east-2.amazonaws.com/liferoku2/Test/Roku_My_Code.json

Thanks for the help!
0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
skrydal
Visitor

Re: No Valid items found in feed

I have the same issue. I try to upload MP4 but somehow system changing constantly my setting to roku format only. That is why probably we are getting an error. So far I do not know why is doing that.
Best 

Maciek
0 Kudos
BenMosier
Visitor

Okay, I took a break and looked at it again. I spelled "shortForm" "shorForm". It worked after I fixed it. Maybe yours is something similar?
0 Kudos
skrydal
Visitor

Unfortunately mine is correct ...
0 Kudos
Baradanikto
Roku Guru

BenMosier:

I think you may want to take a closer look at your feed file you posted.  I loaded your feed into the software I wrote and it reported the following errors:

Error converting value "faith" to type 'System.String[]'. Path 'shortFormVideos[0].tags', line 60, position 18.
0000001 is a duplicate 'id'.

Tags are string arrays.  Your feed shows it as a string.

Skrydal:

If you post your feed, I can take a look at it.
FREE Windows desktop software for converting Direct Publisher channels to SceneGraph (SDK), for creating BIF (Trick Play) files, Roku (MRSS, JSON) feed files, and FireTV feed files @ GitHub/rrirower.
0 Kudos
BenMosier
Visitor

"Baradanikto" wrote:
BenMosier:

I think you may want to take a closer look at your feed file you posted.  I loaded your feed into the software I wrote and it reported the following errors:

Error converting value "faith" to type 'System.String[]'. Path 'shortFormVideos[0].tags', line 60, position 18.
0000001 is a duplicate 'id'.

Tags are string arrays.  Your feed shows it as a string.

Skrydal:

If you post your feed, I can take a look at it.

Thanks a bunch! I didn't realize that. I fixed it.
0 Kudos
skrydal
Visitor

https://api.myjson.com/bins/6q4pg

Thanks for help !!! I am really appreciate. 
0 Kudos
Baradanikto
Roku Guru

skrydal:

The software reports the following:

Empty 'category' object found in feed file.

An empty Category object in your feed file will probably cause problems when ingested by Roku.  You must either specify your categories in the Developer Portal, or, in the feed file.  

In addition, you've got lots of other empty objects in the feed file.  While they may not cause an immediate problem, it's not a good idea to code empty objects in the feed file.  This typically happens when you code the feed file by hand.
FREE Windows desktop software for converting Direct Publisher channels to SceneGraph (SDK), for creating BIF (Trick Play) files, Roku (MRSS, JSON) feed files, and FireTV feed files @ GitHub/rrirower.
0 Kudos