Roku Direct Publisher

Roku Direct Publisher - the easiest way to create a great TV experience. Learn more about how to create a Roku channel and share your experiences with others.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mitchstein
Roku Guru

Re: No Idea What I'm Doing

Baradanikto is there a script to batch import files. for instance, I have an asp script that will import a video from every subdirectory and read a "description.txt" file to add the video to my database, is there something similar to that in your json creation tool? or maybe you can read directly from a access or sql database to make the json file?
http://www.TVByDemand.com
0 Kudos
Baradanikto
Roku Guru

mitchstein:  The first release of the software does not have an import feature.  However, I just branched the source to start working on the next release of the software.  I can certainly look into adding an import function.
FREE Windows desktop software for converting Direct Publisher channels to SceneGraph (SDK), for creating BIF (Trick Play) files, Roku (MRSS, JSON) feed files, and FireTV feed files @ GitHub/rrirower.
0 Kudos
mitchstein
Roku Guru

Baradanikto: that would be awesome.. If you need any help with the coding or flowcharting lemme know, I'm old school but can still be helpfull..
http://www.TVByDemand.com
0 Kudos
mkammes
Roku Guru

"Baradanikto" wrote:
mitchstein:  The first release of the software does not have an import feature.  However, I just branched the source to start working on the next release of the software.  I can certainly look into adding an import function.

I'm looking at the screenshot for the JSON Feed Manager.  

Is there BIF and SRT support?
(going to download a demo now)
0 Kudos
mkammes
Roku Guru

Downloaded the demo, and I see the fields for BIF and CC.  Impressive!  And yes, an import function would be phenomenal (perhaps reading an existing JSON feed).
0 Kudos
Baradanikto
Roku Guru

The JSON feed Manager software does read and manage an existing feed file. You can create a new one, or, manage an existing one. The demo will read a JSON feed file, but, cannot save it.
FREE Windows desktop software for converting Direct Publisher channels to SceneGraph (SDK), for creating BIF (Trick Play) files, Roku (MRSS, JSON) feed files, and FireTV feed files @ GitHub/rrirower.
0 Kudos
mkammes
Roku Guru

ERROR: cannot deserialize the current JSON object (e.g.{"name":"value"{) into type "RokuJsonFeedManager.TrickPlayFilesObject[] because the type requires a JSON array.

Let me know if we should take this to a different thread or forum.

Thanks!
0 Kudos
Baradanikto
Roku Guru

Can you explain what you were trying to do? The demo is not fully functional and does not have the same maintenance fixes as the paid version. I should probably re-do the demo.
0 Kudos
mkammes
Roku Guru

I'm trying to import a previously generated JSON file to make changes to it. It's the one I'm currently using for my DP Roku channel, and it's passed the feed status verification.
0 Kudos
Baradanikto
Roku Guru

If you can, please send me that feed file to info@rokurowingchannel.com. I'll run it through the live version and get back to you.
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.