Roku Direct Publisher

Roku Direct Publisher - the easiest way to create a great TV experience. Learn more about how to create a Roku channel and share your experiences with others.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
playthatbeat
Visitor

Re: Help W/MRSS feed Error

is this down to the *type* of media defined in the ITEM? is it the grammar? or is ROKU not accepting certain types of content for RDP?

Kinda hard to work this out without clear working examples from Roku.

Would be super nice to have WORKING files we can refer to, that would deal with all common media.. Like let's have one for audio podcasts, one for video collections etc. etc.
0 Kudos
biztale
Streaming Star

Hi everyone. 

So do you want the easy way or complex method?

1)Create account on Jwplayer
2)Create a playlist, this will be the RSS feed
3)Create content, provide host or upload video. Attach image, Tag the content

A Dynamic playlist will only hold 99 entries
A Manual list is a bit crazy you have to remember the order to manage.

4)Set Publish and End dates so content will start and expire.

Quit over analyzing this, it's not that hard honest.
I've made three channels with this.

THE Hard way. Ask me for the .zip file by email and you can do the old way that took me months what this has trimmed up in minutes. Jhilla@outlook.com

Ps. Remember I told you to create Tags! In your playlist add the tags the dynamic list should pull.

NOW COPY THE rss and input into direct publisher. create your categories and start typing your tag to separate content.

Now go play! 
0 Kudos
playthatbeat
Visitor

@biztale - thanks for this , i'll give that a go!
0 Kudos
biztale
Streaming Star

A few days ago, Roku made an announcement the old code and the Sdk will be shelved. So another words if your channel is not using Directpublisher or SceneGraph it will be dropped. For this reason, I will not be making the .zip available, sorry but it would cause more work to undo..
0 Kudos
Baradanikto
Roku Guru

If anyone is still having problems with their MRSS feed, you may be interested in my post: https://forums.roku.com/viewtopic.php?f=100&t=100516&p=555603&hilit=mrss#p555603.
FREE Windows desktop software for converting Direct Publisher channels to SceneGraph (SDK), for creating BIF (Trick Play) files, Roku (MRSS, JSON) feed files, and FireTV feed files @ GitHub/rrirower.
0 Kudos