Roku Direct Publisher

Roku Direct Publisher - the easiest way to create a great TV experience. Learn more about how to create a Roku channel and share your experiences with others.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
matrixebiz
Roku Guru

DP backup feed URL option

Hello, just wondering if RokuCo can add an option in DP channels to supply a backup feed url option. Just thinking that if the feed url host server is temp down then the channel will not load, correct? would be helpful if we had the option to add a second feed url backup feed if the first is unresponsive after 10 seconds or whatever.
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
hpdean
Visitor

Re: DP backup feed URL option

+1 on this...it would be extremely helpful
0 Kudos
hpdean
Visitor

I have tried just putting another video URL in as a second URL, after my HLS URL, but it only will play my MP4 and when I start my live stream that uses the HLS URL, it doesn't detect it.  

Please roku co, please help with this!  We need to have a fallback URL option for live streams.  
0 Kudos
matrixebiz
Roku Guru

"hpdean" wrote:
I have tried just putting another video URL in as a second URL, after my HLS URL, but it only will play my MP4 and when I start my live stream that uses the HLS URL, it doesn't detect it.  

Please roku co, please help with this!  We need to have a fallback URL option for live streams.  

Yeah, the other feed URL spots are for having multiple, different feeds, like 1 feed url for HLS streams another feed url for MP4 streams or whatever, they all get loaded at once, no backup option.
0 Kudos