Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
thephil26
Level 7

"also in hd"

when I perform a search, via voice or typed, and the results come back, it always says "also in hd" under every channel/app that offers the movie/show I am looking for. it doesn't matter if the show is on a free channel or pay for view channel, in small print under every channel listed it says, "also in hd". when I start the program I am looking to watch, it is definitely NOT hd resolution. as far as I can tell, my roku stream stick+ is set up for hd broadcasting. and, I know for sure my tv is hd.

why am I seeing this, and why aren't the shows I watch playing hd resolution? I tried watching the exact same show on the exact same app on another tv NOT through roku and it plays so clear, it almost looks 3d. 

here is the most frustrating part. I have spent hours trying to figure this out. I have looked on the web, nothing. when I try to search this forum using "also in hd" I get a message saying, "in hd ignored". so, the only posts I see are posts with the word "also" in them.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
jeffrok
Level 12

Re: "also in hd"

It could be that your stick is too close to your TV and needs an HDMI extender on it, to get a clearer wifi signal.

It could also be that you're not selecting the HD selection. Sometimes a show or movie will be available on a free channel such as The Roku Channel or Crackle, and won't be in HD, but WILL be on Amazon or Netflix in HD. Sometimes the HD copy is only available on the subscription or pay-per-view channels.
Yeah, I got some Rokus.
https://youtu.be/d1CSEeqWl10
0 Kudos
thephil26
Level 7

Re: "also in hd"

I'll try anything.
Thanks
0 Kudos