Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

bought tv with roku stick included, can I change the stick?

Jump to solution

I bought a tv with a roku 3400X stick included. Will I be able to buy a new stick and plug it in? 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 21

Re: bought tv with roku stick included, can I change the stick?

Jump to solution

@dwhitaker10 wrote:

I bought a tv with a roku 3400X stick included. Will I be able to buy a new stick and plug it in? 

Kinda... Smiley Tongue

The 3400 is an MHL device. It is virtually impossible to buy anything that still uses that format. It looks like an HDMI jack, but it isn't. So no, you can't remove the 3400 and plug something else in there. 

Assuming you have an available HDMI port on the TV, you can plug any type of streaming player and use it. You would have two separate remotes, one to control the TV itself and one to control the streaming device, although the latest Roku Sticks and Players have remotes that can learn to control some TV models. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Level 21

Jump to solution

@dwhitaker10 wrote:

Kinda... Smiley Tongue

The 3400 is an MHL device. It is virtually impossible to buy anything that still uses that format. It looks like an HDMI jack, but it isn't. So no, you can't remove the 3400 and plug something else in there. 

Assuming you have an available HDMI port on the TV, you can plug any type of streaming player and use it. You would have two separate remotes, one to control the TV itself and one to control the streaming device, although the latest Roku Sticks and Players have remotes that can learn to control some TV models. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thanks!!

0 Kudos