Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

What is the difference between model 4670R and 4670rW?

I plan to replace our old model 3100X with the Ultra model since the 3100X is no longer getting software updates and, if I understand correctly, will soon no longer work with Netflix. In my research I found that Amazon, Best Buy, and Roku show the model number to be 4670R while WalMart shows the model number to be 4670RW. Does anyone know if there are two different models and, if so, what the differences are?

Thanks,

Terry

[post moved to appropriate board]

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Level 16

Re: What is the difference between model 4670R and 4670rW?

Some of the bigger retailers do have subtle differences in their Models which for the most part are the same. I might get a Ultra myself eventually because its about the only one with an Ethernet port.

Its the weekend now but maybe one of the admins will chime in and tell us the subtle differences.

Or do some research on the web and see what you come up with. Check out Best Buy for sure.

Roku Ultra ---Ethernet rules---

From now on if people dont upvote me and do as I say I will consider holding my breath and selling my Roku's.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 14

The W does mean Walmart. Supposedly the only difference is that the Walmart remote has a Vudu button (Vudu is a Walmart company.)

Highlighted
Level 8

Along with a dedicated Vudu button, they also include a 5 dollar off coupon for Vudu purchases/rentals.

Highlighted
Level 7

Vudu $5 coupon is also included with non-W version