Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jamieallred2006
Level 7

Unable to update software

Jump to solution

I just bought my Roku premiere from Amazon and I got it all the way set up through my internet but then I get this message “please try updating again in a minute” with an error code 003...

I cannot get any farther than this! 
please help! 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Unable to update software

Jump to solution

@Jamieallred2006 

Thanks for the inquiry.

We would recommend checking out the troubleshooting steps provided on our Support page here: What should I do if my Roku® device is unable to update software?

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
nakoosa
Level 7

Jump to solution
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@Jamieallred2006 

Thanks for the inquiry.

We would recommend checking out the troubleshooting steps provided on our Support page here: What should I do if my Roku® device is unable to update software?

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Cse709
Level 7

Re: Unable to update software (code 003)

Jump to solution

This seems to be a frequent problem.  I too have spent hours trying to setup my new Roku Premier device. It links to my wi-fi just fine (based on the green progress checks).  I have tried everything in the online help instructions including using multiple wi-fi networks.

Do you have any new suggestions before I return my device for a refund?

#Roku Premier 

0 Kudos
bart79
Level 7

Jump to solution

My Roku streaming Stick is saying unable to update software on my television and I have an error code of 003 the topic has been posted but I'm not getting an answer

0 Kudos
Blatzrox
Level 7

Jump to solution

Im having the same issue! It's maddening! 

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Level 12

Jump to solution

@Blatzrox @bart79 

What are the model numbers of the Roku devices you are trying to update?  Also are you in the Roku Home Screen (completed setup) or stuck in the setup at the initial update. (ie. not seeing Roku's Home Screen)?

Some have found connecting to a mobile hotspot to do update has worked for them, but with more info on models may be able to provide other steps.  Another troubleshooting was to disable your network password (Wireless Security Settings) to allow device to connect to network to then allow for update.  Couple of different reasons why 003 seems to be thrown. It could also be a device issue so can't rule that out either yet.

Sometimes just a simple rebooting of both the router and the device will also fix issue for some.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

Thanks for reaching out, @bart79.

For more information about resolving this specific error message and unable to update issue, visit our Support page here: look at the troubleshooting steps provided by our Support page here: How do I update the software on my Roku TV™?

Thanks,

Mary

0 Kudos