Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kasemo
Level 7

The 3 year old "could not be reinstalled from the network"

So, this.

Either there is a resolution to it, or the software is broken and has never been fixed ... 3 years later.

Same tired problem:

Channel could not be reinstalles from the network.

16gb SD card. Brand new Roku 4k.

Restart the roku, it works for a week.

"Engineers" ... should be able to fix a persistent bug 3 years later. Is there a solution to your memory leak/incompetence ... besides "we don't know how to do our job & should not be allowed to touch code ... so hit reboot?"
0 Kudos
4 Replies
mikebdoss
Level 8

Re: The 3 year old "could not be reinstalled from the network"

Perhaps being polite to the readers and Roku staff that reads these boards would be a good first step instead of insulting them out of the gate. These are real human beings, treat them with some respect. 
0 Kudos
Basil
Level 10

"Kasemo" wrote:
So, this.

Either there is a resolution to it, or the software is broken and has never been fixed ... 3 years later.

Same tired problem:

Channel could not be reinstalles from the network.

16gb SD card.  Brand new Roku 4k.

Restart the roku, it works for a week.

"Engineers" ... should be able to fix a persistent bug 3 years later.  Is there a solution to your memory leak/incompetence ... besides "we don't know how to do our job & should not be allowed to touch code ... so hit reboot?"

Let me make sure I understand this. You’ve had an issue with your Roku 4 for nearly three years? And this is your first post on this Forum? And you wanna know why this issue you’ve never mentioned before hasn’t been fixed?

Unless I’m missing something, I’m gonna suggest you take Mike’s suggestion to heart, then clearly and succinctly state the issue, providing the information suggested in the Forum Rules.

Try that and you’ll find Mike, me, and a whole slew of folks doing everything we can to troubleshoot and help find a cause and solution.
Basil
https://www.basilsblog.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Apple TV (5th gen), TiVo

Previous:
Roku boxes from every generation.
Apple TV (2nd, 3rd, 4th gen)
0 Kudos
roccol7
Level 7

Kasemo is actually right.  I posted this problem 2 years ago and I only got suggestions from other users who had the same problem and tried different things that didn't work.  Roku made NO attempt to help us.  The only time they posted was when they put a generic message up saying that the thread was a year old and was now frozen.  So yes,  the Roku programmers are either incompetent or lazy and don't want to deal with this issue.  HEY ROKU: WHAT IS THE SOLUTION TO THIS PROBLEM?  I've had this issue on 3 different units aleady and I'm tired of it now.
0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 13

And you just replied to a year old thread, and most likely will now get shut down. Plus, you don't provide any information to allow anyone to offer a suggestion. What model Roku players are you referring to? Do they have an SD card in them? What exactly have you tried? If you have an SD card, remove the card and try again. Sometimes the cards get corrupted, or just flat don't work in a Roku. I have seen a number of past threads that referred to this problem, and solutions were found. So you want to try again?
Dan
Nvidia Shield, Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos