Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Canuck89
Level 7

TCL Roku TV no longer integrating with Google Home AFTER Factory Reset

Jump to solution

Hi all,

I just purchased a TCL 5-Series 50" 4K UHD HDR QLED Roku OS Smart TV (50S535-CA) last week and I'm loving it so far, but I've run into a problem.

When I first set up the TV a few days ago, I added it to my Google Home/Google Assistant no problem, and was able to control the TV using Google Home.

What I didn't realize when I initially set up my Roku account was that it was set in the US - so I wasn't able to add the Crave channel (a Canadian streaming service). 

To fix it, I made a new Roku account in Canada, factory reset the TV, and now I can get Crave / other Canadian stuff (this is the fix I found online).

Now that I've factory reset it, I can't add it back to the Google Home app like I did before. When I go to Set up device > Works with Google > Roku, I get the message "Roku is Linked" - then the app refreshes and says "Account successfully linked"... however, the TV doesn't ever show up in the app and I can no longer get Google to control the TV.

Any thoughts on why this is happening? I restarted my phone / TV, etc... I have no idea why the Google app keeps giving me a success message, but the device never shows up in the Google Home app, as if it's not even there. I'm so confused, because 2 days ago when I first set up the TV it worked without a hitch.

Any help would be appreciated!

Nick 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Canuck89
Level 7

Re: TCL Roku TV no longer integrating with Google Home AFTER Factory Reset

Jump to solution

Hey Yeehaw,

After hours of looking for a solution, I figured out a solution on my own - a workaround. I fired up another iPhone I had laying around, downloaded the Google Home app, and tried adding the Roku - it worked successfully. This is a bug/glitch that should be addressed but the Roku/Google team ASAP. 

I suggest you try adding your Streaming Stick to Google Home using another device - it might work for you too. Let me know what happens!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Yeehaw
Level 7

Jump to solution

Similar issue with Roku Streaming Stick+.  Google Home says Linked and no device is shown.  

0 Kudos
Canuck89
Level 7

Jump to solution

Hey Yeehaw,

After hours of looking for a solution, I figured out a solution on my own - a workaround. I fired up another iPhone I had laying around, downloaded the Google Home app, and tried adding the Roku - it worked successfully. This is a bug/glitch that should be addressed but the Roku/Google team ASAP. 

I suggest you try adding your Streaming Stick to Google Home using another device - it might work for you too. Let me know what happens!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Yeehaw
Level 7

Jump to solution

Hey Canuck89,

Thank you!  I tried installing on another device and it worked!

Definitely looks like a Google Home issue. 

0 Kudos