Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Streaming Stick+ will not update firmware, and only rarely Apps

Hi, we have 2 Streaming Sticks+, one puchased July 2019, the other late Fall 2019

The newer Stick updates fine, but the older one will not update either automatically or manually.  There have been 2 firmware updates within the past ~2 weeks which the newer one has installed, along with ~20 App updates after the firmware was installed.

The old Stick last updated Jan 15 8:02 AM, and is still on:

Software version: 9.2.0, Build 4807

is there some setting that is preventing it from updating?

Thank you!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Level 16

Re: Streaming Stick+ will not update firmware, and only rarely Apps

Roku rolls out operating software very slowly, individual device by individual device. Nobody has figured out any pattern as to which device gets updated when. None of my 3 Roku devices has received version 9.3 yet, and that's fine with me. I'm quite content to let others find and report the bugs so that they can get fixed before the update makes its way to me.
  • Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi LivRm - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi BedRm - JVC EM37T
  • Roku 3, 4200X, Ser 4124C7087583, wifi GstRm - Sanyo DP26640
  • Roku 2 XD, 3050X (collecting dust in a drawer)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Thanks, @makaiguy, I am familiar with that body of thought wrt the Roku firmware,  but I do prefer to have the Streaming Apps themselves updated on a timely basis.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

0 Kudos