Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Stop Roku Ultra from Changing Resolution back to Auto Detect

"redtommy76" wrote:
Two things to do to fix the auto-detect revert: Turn off the screensaver and disable automatic recovery  (5X Home, Down, Left, 3X Up)

Thank goodness I found this post!! This fixed my problem immediately and I didn’t have to disable my screen saver either. I had the box out and about to return the Roku Ultra when I Finally found this post with a real solution... Thank you @redtommy76 

*** ROKU ***
This is obviously and ongoing issue for at least 2 years from reading the forum; when I manually select the “Display Type” it shouldn’t automatically revert to “Auto Detect”, there’s a reason I selected the display type manually. MAYBE turn off the revert  to “Auto Detect Display Type” and have it only revert to “Auto Detect Display Type” if the device is unplugged thus fixing  this issue, and still allowing the device to reset to Auto Detect if someone runs into an issue and has to down grade the resolution.
It seems to me to be an easy software fix and would make many customers happy, not to mention the  unnecessary  returns of your products
Highlighted
Level 9

"Tazmanjx" wrote:
"redtommy76" wrote:
Two things to do to fix the auto-detect revert: Turn off the screensaver and disable automatic recovery  (5X Home, Down, Left, 3X Up)

Thank goodness I found this post!! This fixed my problem immediately and I didn’t have to disable my screen saver either. I had the box out and about to return the Roku Ultra when I Finally found this post with a real solution... Thank you @redtommy76 

*** ROKU ***
This is obviously and ongoing issue for at least 2 years from reading the forum; when I manually select the “Display Type” it shouldn’t automatically revert to “Auto Detect”, there’s a reason I selected the display type manually. MAYBE turn off the revert  to “Auto Detect Display Type” and have it only revert to “Auto Detect Display Type” if the device is unplugged thus fixing  this issue, and still allowing the device to reset to Auto Detect if someone runs into an issue and has to down grade the resolution.
It seems to me to be an easy software fix and would make many customers happy, not to mention the  unnecessary  returns of your products

I'm glad it worked.  I know how frustrating these things can be
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

"mikepfly2" wrote:
Thanks. I'll try changing the power on order. I had the roku coming on first then the TV then my AVR. I've changed it to be TV, AVR, Roku. 

How does oen change when the Roku comes on when it's always running?
Roku 2xs (3100x), Roku Express (3900x) ,Roku Ultra (4660RW) .FIOS Quantum modem router, Verizon FIOS 100/100, LG HDTV 42LH90, Pioneer VSX-920 Audio/Video Multi Channel Receiver
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19

"ronfelder" wrote:
"mikepfly2" wrote:
Thanks. I'll try changing the power on order. I had the roku coming on first then the TV then my AVR. I've changed it to be TV, AVR, Roku. 

How does one change when the Roku comes on when it's always running?

One possibility is using a "smart" power strip. After turning one device on, the remaining power outlets are energized. Turn the master device off, the remaining outlets are also turned off.
Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 10

I tried "5X Home, Down, Left, 3X Up" to disable the auto revert on my 4630X with software version 9.2.0 build 4131-29 and always end up at "Streaming Channels". Is there another way to get there?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

(5X Home, Down, Left, 3X Up)

Can someone please explain what this is? I am trying to get auto detect to go away.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Did that work @mikepfly2 ? 

@mikepfly2 wrote:

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Nope, I ended up buying a new high-quality fiber HDMI 2.0b cable since my run was about 30 feet. Knock on wood, haven't had a flicker since. Good luck.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Worked great. Thanks 

0 Kudos