Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jjackson87
Level 7

Split screen

Just set up my Hisense roku tv and it has split screen. I cannot figure out how to remove it. Please help! #hisensetv

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4\
Stephania
Level 7

Re: Split screen

I'm having this problem too!! Everytime we turn on our tv it reverts back to split screen. 

If u go to Settings>Power>System restart. That seems to work. But like I said it usually goes back to split screen. It's VERY annoying! 

0 Kudos
bfields
Level 7

Rebooting Roku fixes it temporarily.  I had both black out screen, delay and split screen. What worked for me : 1. Press the Home button on your Roku remote. 2. Scroll up or down and select Settings. 3. Select System and then select Advanced system settings. 4. Select Advanced display settings. 5. Select Auto-adjust display refresh rate and choose: DISABLE

Your Roku player will then output ALL content at 60fps. If it is ENABLED, Roku tries to adjust to the native format of the movie, video or TV show. I actually had the problem after choosing ENABLED to try to sync audio. When I changed it back to DISABLE, the problem went away. This can be a problem with Netflix. The split screen kicked in while I was watching Newsy and then did not go away when I went to other channels. It stopped when I reverted back to DISABLE as outlined above.

0 Kudos
Thunder
Level 7

What if your hisense does not have this option

0 Kudos
bfields
Level 7

Sorry Thunder. No clue on that one. I do not have a Roku TV and am using a Roku Ultra, which has been working great for me for the past 2 years.

0 Kudos