Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
micheleblack20
Level 7

Shortcut for streaming for Bit Rate Override

I do the shortcut for the Bit Rate Override, home#5, rewind#3 & fast-foward#2 times. And it won't stay set. What am I doing wrong? My Internet sucks bad & can barely use my Roku.....

0 Kudos
5 Replies
renojim
Level 21

Re: Shortcut for streaming for Bit Rate Override

That hasn't had any effect for many years.  I don't know why it's still there.  Some services provide a way to limit bitrate via account settings usually found on their website.  You can also try changing your display type to 720p.

0 Kudos
micheleblack20
Level 7

Ok, I changed it to 720p & no difference on it. Help..

0 Kudos
renojim
Level 21

I hate to say it, but if you have inadequate Internet service then streaming really isn't for you.

0 Kudos
lasvegasmom
Level 8

bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz wrong answer! My elderly parents have top notch provider and guess what ?!!!!!YOU CANNOT SAVE THE OVERIDE TO LOWER NUMBER THAN 12!!!! Why is that? Why?! Best Buy better return this rip off and time for a new smart tv with all apps loaded!!!!

0 Kudos
lasvegasmom
Level 8

Not your fault! My parents have best internet and it will not save from 12 to 7.5! Roku getting returned ! Will look into a firestick or a new smart tv! Shady

0 Kudos