Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Screensharing app issues on iPhone 7

Roku apps for screensharing say in order to work my iPhone and roku must be on the same network, they are. I’m using xfinity. Why won’t it allow me to screen share or use any roku apps from my phone like remote app. What do I need to do to make them appear as though they’re on the same WiFi connection so I can screen share. Thank you so much in advance 😊 🙏 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Screensharing app issues on iPhone 7

@Leloland  I’ve tried any & every way (I thought) possible to screenshare from my iPhone to my Roku but no luck.. I have no idea why

0 Kudos
Highlighted

pair mac laptop with roku

I have a Mac (OSX 10.15.3) and I want to mirror my laptop to my Roku 3 (System info shows it as Roku 4230X). I tried going to settings to pair a new device (thinking that I would need to pair my Mac laptop like I paired the remote) but the only option seems to be to pair the remote again. Both the laptop and Roku are on my wireless home network. 

In Screen mirroring, it says there are none, but seems to be no way to add a device to mirror. 

Software version is 9.2.0, build 4804 and says it's up to date.

What am I missing? The only way I can connect my Mac to the TV is by unplugging my Roku and plugging my laptop in. Is there an easier way?  

Thanks, Pat

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Screensharing app issues on iPhone 7

@Leloland @mumxs3 @Streamin_meanie 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Please be aware that ccreen mirroring with a Roku device is not supported with iOS® or Apple devices.

For more information about screen mirroring, visit our Support page here: How do I use screen mirroring with my Android™ or Windows® device?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos