Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Daniel69
Level 7

Screen Mirroring on android

I did all the instructions correctly but screen Mirroring just doesn't work. I made sure screen Mirroring option is on "Always allow." But when I get to my Android phone, Roku 3 doesn't show up when I click cast. I'm using a Moto g6, so I'm not sure if that has to do with it.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
andyross
Level 10

Re: Screen Mirroring on android

Not all Android phones will cast to non-Chromecast devices, especially if, like Moto phones, have stock or near-stock Android. I have a G5+, and it also will not see any cast device (Roku or even myBD player.)

0 Kudos
Daniel69
Level 7

Is there a way to do even with a Moto g phone? Or is it just out of the question?
0 Kudos
andyross
Level 10

Not that I know of. The closest thing to casting is a Firefox Roku app that works with Firefox for Android. And even then, it is very limited, with only play/pause control the last time I tried it.

0 Kudos
Xiphoidfugu
Level 7

Try downloading an app like miracast. My phone ( P30 lite) doesn't even have a screen mirroring option but works fine with miracast.