Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Screen Mirroring Problem PC to 4620x Premier

I am running a PC with WIN10 which supports Miracast  and am using both a Roku 3 and the Premier 4620x units. When attempting to screen mirror the PC to my Roku 4620X it is not found as an available wireless display but the Roku 3 is. Both units are operating fine as streaming units but only the Roku 3 will connect.

The Roku 4620x has the latest firmware and supports mirroring in its menu. I have enabled streaming and unit identification but the 4620x is not seen as a potential wireless display. The fact that its menu allows me to enable mirroring would indicate the unit is capable of mirroring.

Is the 4620X mirroring capable and if so what am I doing wrong. Any advice would be appreciated

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Screen Mirroring Problem PC to 4620x Premier

Screen Mirroring feature helps you to play the video and audio files located on a mobile device on a TV and on the mobile device simultaneously. To use the Screen Mirroring function, the mobile device must support a mirroring function. Both the mobile/tablet device and TV must be connected to the same network.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

My PC has Miracast capability enabled as does the Roku 4620x. As stated above for some reason the 4620x is not seen as available as a wireless display whereas the Roku 3 is. I want to cast from PC to 4620x not the Roku 3....any ideas?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 10

Which band is your ROKU set to 2.4 or 5.0?  I just got a new roku premiere and it only has 2.4 but I have been told some previous premieres also had 5.0.   My laptop only has 2.4.  I also have a dual band ultra.  It has to be set to 2.4 for my laptop to see it.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 20

Check your Roku settings on the one that isn't working right. In the Settings/System/Screen Mirroring section, you must be set to either Prompt or Always Allow, or it won't connect. I'm not certain what the default setting is. While I'm typing this I just mirrored my Win 10 laptop to my Ultra 4640 without an issue after I allowed it to connect. My laptop is connected to my 5 GHz WiFi access point, and the Roku is hard wired to the network. The radio band used by either device has nothing to do with it, assuming your wireless setting in the access point are set to allow internal network access. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

You got that right,.... my Premier has both bands and both stream just fine BUT I was using 5Ghz and couldn't connect, but yesterday I switched to 2.4Ghz and THE PROBLEM IS SOLVED! My PC now sees the Premier and the Miracast is working as it should. What a relief ;-)

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

See below, I was using 5Ghz to stream on my 4620X Premier as I'm too far away for an HDMI cable connection which is why Miracast is called "wireless HDMI". My Miracast enabled could not see my Premier but it could see and connect to my Roku3 which being further away was using 2.4Ghz. So after much frustration and settings checking I decided to try 2.4Ghz and now all's well, the Premier is seen and connects wirelessly to my PC and Miracast works perfectly.

All's well that ends well ;-)

0 Kudos